[Pw_forum] DC & BEC

Suza W suza.rri at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 02:19:51 CET 2012

 Hello All,

 As Prof. Marzari mentioned in an earlier post (see below),
 some of the iterative algorithms used in VASP OR PWSCF may
 lead to an incorrect ground state. In PWSCF, this can be cured by
 using startingwfc="atomic+random". How this can be cured in VASP ?
 This will be indeed a great help if there is a remedy similar to
startingwfc
 also in VASP.

 I look forward to a helpful answer.

 Thanks and Regards,