[Pw_forum] Bulk modulus under pressure?

bahadir bahadira at buffalo.edu
Mon Feb 27 06:58:37 CET 2012

thanks for  quick,

i just tried a quick calculation for my curiosity on this.  i just
optimized a fcc structure under 100GPa pressure also under 0GPa
i calculated bulk modulus for 0GPa system by changing equilibrium
celldm(1) in range of -10% and +10% and calculatin energy. and used ev.x
for fitting. fiiting curve is an U-shaped plot

then i did the same procedure for 100GPa system by calculating energy
for the celldm(1) values -10% to +10%. first thing is: alatt vs energy
plot is not U-shaped. and if i extend the range from +-10%
to +-20% a get an equilibrium energy but obviously it is the same as
that of 0GPa's result.

that is the point that i am getting confused by.
and still curious about, what should i do to calculate a bulk modulus
for a system under 100GPa?

thank you