[Pw_forum] Call of GPU benchmark inputs for PWSCF

Filippo Spiga filippo.spiga at ichec.ie
Sat Feb 11 15:41:44 CET 2012

Dear all,
    the GPU porting of PWSCF carried in the past months is going to hit an important milestone: the GPU Technology Conference in San Jose (USA). For that date, we would like to deliver the full package and finally merge the GPU branch into the main code.

What it is really important in a project like this is a detailed and a 365-degree assessment of the performance, taking into account as many different scenario (read as many different type of input/calculation) as possible. In the next (missing) two months we are going to finalize some important piece of code and run tests. A lot of tests. As much tests as we can.

The purpose of this email is to collect from users new benchmark inputs that reflect real scientific challenges. We are looking to new input for serial and parallel calculations, small or big (not very big... let's say "medium") systems, gamma or k-point, with or without magnetization, with or without exact-exchange, etc...

What we are especially looking for "special" inputs. I mean, inputs that are able to intensively stress some specific (and well localized) part of the code.

Do not hesitate to contact me. I look forward to receiving new test cases!
At the end it will be a pleasure to officially acknowledge all the people that will contribute.

Regards,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, Computational Scientist, <filippo.spiga_at_ichec.ie>
Irish Centre for High-End Computing (ICHEC) - www.ichec.ie

Tel: +353-1-5241608 ex. 40     ~  Mob: +353-85-816-8710
website: http://filippospiga.me  ~  skype: filippo.spiga

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert