[Pw_forum] pwscf: constrained total magnetic moment

German Samolyuk samolyuk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 19:28:23 CET 2012

Dear Gabriele,

I do two Fermi level fixed magnetic moment calculation.
There is print in subroutine electrons.f90 version 4.2.1 in line 462
WRITE( stdout, 9072 ) bfield(3),
and bfield(3) is determined as (ef_up-ef_dn)/2.
I gives some estimation for for "equivalent" magnetic field.
I understand that this is very rough estimate.
The question was how to recalulcate it to Tesla.
As I understand, it should be (ef_up-ef_dn)/(2mu_B).

Thanks,

German
ORNL