[Pw_forum] Segfault in ph.x (QE 4.3.2, 4.3.1)

Ijäs Mari mari.ijas at aalto.fi
Wed Feb 8 12:04:00 CET 2012

Dear everyone,

I'm trying to calculate the vibrational modes for diamond. I have compiled QE using gfortran and gcc, and pw.x runs just fine. When running ph.x, however, the execution stops with a segmentation fault (in my system, all information I get is: [1]+  Segmentation fault: 11  ../espresso-4.3.1/bin/ph.x < ph_diamond.in > ph_diamond.out).

In the output file, the last lines are:

    Atomic displacements:
     There are   2 irreducible representations

     Representation     1      3 modes -A_1g G_1   G_1+ To be done

     Representation     2      3 modes -A_1g G_1   G_1+ To be done

This is similar in both 4.3.1 and 4.3.2. I tried to search the archives but didn't find other reports matching this problem. I'm attaching the input files for my scf and ph calculation, if they happen to be of any help. Please let me know if any other information is required.

Best wishes,

Mari Ijäs
Department of Applied Physics
Aalto University School of Science