[Pw_forum] Problem with parallel execution

Axel Kohlmeyer akohlmey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 04:05:08 CET 2012

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM, Elie M <elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am running a parallel execution (pw.x) on a SLURM LINUX interface and once
> I run the command sbatch filename.srm, the calculation starts running and
> then stops with the follwing error:
>
> "mpiexec_veredas5: cannot connect to local mpd

this is a local system setup issue and has nothing to do
with quantum espresso. i would recommend to talk to your
local system administrator or somebody else that has
experience running in parallel on your local machine.

failing that, you may try to get help on the MPICH
mailing list and/or study the MPICH2 documentation
very carefully and first try running a small (trivial)
MPI test program. once you figured out how to make
that work, it should be straightforward to get Q-E to run.

cheers,
   axel.