[Pw_forum] unit of mode vectors in matdyn.modes

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Thu Dec 13 14:08:23 CET 2012

On 13 December 2012 11:25, Steve Schmerler <elcortogm at googlemail.com> wrote:

> * the eigenvectors in matdyn.modes

They are eigenvectors,  it does not matter; I think they are normalized to
one. A factor 1/sqrt(atom_mass) may or may not be present, depending on the
exact place where you are taking the patterns from. If I remember
correctly, those in the dyn files do not include it.

> * the q-points (I guess fractional w.r.t. reciprocal unit cell)

cartesian axes in units of 2pi/celldm(1)

--
Dr. Lorenzo Paulatto
IdR @ IMPMC -- CNRS & Université Paris 6