[Pw_forum] EELNE Spectra

Matteo Calandra matteo.calandra at impmc.jussieu.fr
Thu Dec 13 09:23:48 CET 2012

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 10:00:45 -0800
> From: Sanjeev Gupta <physics.skgupta at gmail.com>
> Subject: [Pw_forum] EELNE Spectra
> To: PWSCF Forum <pw_forum at pwscf.org>
>
> Dear PWSCF users
>
> I am interested to calculated the Electron Energy Loss Near-Edge Fine
> spectra. I would like to know weather PWSCF can calculate?
> suggest.
>

> Best Regards
> Sanjeev

Dear Sanjeev,

   in the limit of small exchanged momentum, in the dipolar approximation
and for a K-edge, you can use XSpectra code. XSpectra code calculates
XAS spectra at the K-edge. However, under the assumptions mentioned
above, EELS = XAS with epsilon (polarization of the X-ray beam)
exchanged with k (exchanged momentum in eels).
Thus you can run xspectra with a given epsilon and you will get
the eels spectrum.
This is not true for higher multipoles.

M.
So you

--
* * * *
Matteo Calandra, Directeur de Recherche (DR2)