[Pw_forum] Lattice Parameters in Supercell

Yao Yao yao.yao at unsw.edu.au
Sat Dec 8 18:44:20 CET 2012

Hi Angga,

Generally, yes if you do not use CELL_PARAMETERS card, which means the vectors
are standard vectors generated from ibrav value you set.

However if you do use CELL_PARAMETERS card and set ibrav=0, ony A is used. In
this case, A is simply a scaling factor. You can multiply A by 2, or multiply
the vectors by 2. You also need to take care for atoms positions. For
"crystal", atom position is scaled by both a/celldm(1) and cell vector while
for "alat", it's scaled only by a/celldm(1).

Regards,
Yao