[Pw_forum] kohn -sham orbitals ortogonality and ortonormality

Alexey Akimov aakimov at z.rochester.edu
Thu Aug 30 15:50:26 CEST 2012

Dear Fariba,

That is nice to know. Also i just found, that the example of the input i sent in the previous letter is not for pp.x, but rather for
pw_export.x - that is for producing |psi> and S|psi>. For printing orbitals you of course need pp.x.
Also i'm not sure what output files you mean - those with psi and Spsi (pw_export.x) can be produced in either binary or text format - that is it. If you imply orbitals (the charge density for given band) - i think they may be written in cube format (output_format = 6, just look in Doc/INPUT_PP.txt in you QE distribution for more details)

Best regards,
Alexey