[Pw_forum] Memory usage by pw.x

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Wed Aug 29 15:24:29 CEST 2012

Dear all,

I'm trying to quantify the memory usage by pw.x: at the beginning of the
SCF cycle the message "per-process dynamical memory:" reports the memory
allocated at that time (clib/memstat.c), but this value is significantly
less than the one I can see by monitoring the process by the "top"
command, as more memory is allocated afterwards. Let me guess that
calling again memstat later on, eg in c_bands, could provide one a more
precise estimate, but maybe you can suggest a better approach, or
correct me if I'm completely wrong.

Thank you in advance,
Guido

--
Guido Fratesi

Dipartimento di Scienza dei Materiali
Universita` degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca
via Cozzi 53, 20125 Milano, Italy