[Pw_forum] kohn -sham orbitals ortogonality and ortonormality

Alexey Akimov aakimov at z.rochester.edu
Wed Aug 29 15:19:08 CEST 2012

Dear Fariba,

I think you can get S|psi> without modifying the code. Here is an input for pp.x:

&inputpp
  prefix = 'x',
  outdir = './',
  pseudo_dir = 'path-to-your-PP-directory',
  psfile(1) = 'C.pbe-van_bm.UPF',
  psfile(2) = 'H.pbe-van_bm.UPF',
  single_file = .FALSE.,
  ascii = .TRUE.,
  uspp_spsi = .TRUE.,  <--- this produces S|psi> along with the |psi>, as long as i understand this should work at least for US-PPs
/

In addition, if you need localized orbitals, you might look in the direction of maximally localized wannier functions, ELF, or, if you want to plot MOs, you can use the pp.x to make .xsf files with the charge density corresponding to necessary KS orbitals.

Best regards,
Alexey