[Pw_forum] GPU-accelerated PWscf Test Drive (provided by NVIDIA and partners) opens today

Filippo Spiga spiga.filippo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 07:02:51 CEST 2012

Dear Quantum ESPRESSO users and developers,

I want to advertise and share with you an NVIDIA initiative called "GPU Test Drive". NVIDIA along with Amazon and 21 other providers is offering FREE and exclusive test-drive to experience running your computational chemistry simulations faster with GPUs in dedicated small HPC systems and/or in cloud environments.  The latest GPU-accelerated applications are pre-loaded so you don’t need setup any hardware or software. Simply log on and run apps as usual, NO GPU PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. NVIDIA (and eventually me if necessary) will provide support do get you in and run.

*** GPU-accelerated PWscf v5.0 is available starting from today! ***

That's really a great and unique opportunity for each one of you want to try/evaluate/benchmark the GPU accelerated code BUT does not have a machine equipped with GPU (M2070/M2090 GPUs designed for high performance scientific calculations). NVIDIA is going to work with its commercial partners in order to have always available the latest version of the GPU code. The service will provide the environment for both serial and parallel calculations (in this case, up to 4 nodes dual-socket and 8 GPUs in total).

If you are interested, you only need to fill the form and wait NVIDIA to contact you in order to setup an access. Feel free to spread the news to any potential interested user that you know.

Once again (I like to stress that), this is COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE initiative.

Regards,
Filippo

--
Mr. Filippo SPIGA, M.Sc., Ph.D. Candidate
CADMOS - Chair of Numerical Algorithms and HPC (ANCHP)

«Nobody will drive us out of Cantor's paradise.» ~ David Hilbert