[Pw_forum] About pseudopotential

anne etindele annetindele at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 20 14:05:01 CEST 2012

Dear  all

I am interested on the determination of the total energy of C60.
I have used the pseudopotential I found in the "pseudopotential" folder of Quantum espresso.
I realised that the value of total energy of atoms obtained with pw.x is
different from the one with ld1.x for the atom itself. finally the total energy of C60 is
really far from the the value obtained with quantum chemistry code like
Gaussian.

I would like to know if there is a way to get the real total energy of systems
when we use pseudopotential?

Anne Justine ETINDELE
PhD Student,

University of Douala ( CAMEROON)