[Pw_forum] Problem with parallel phonon calculation using image method

William Parker wparker at anl.gov
Tue Aug 14 18:40:07 CEST 2012

Hello David,

If the phonon calculation without images is correct ("aprun -N 8 -n 128 ./ph.x -npool 4 < ph.in > ph.out"), your SCF calculation ran on 128 (not 64) processors, and you need 1280 processors to do 10 images ("aprun -N 8 -n 1280 ./ph.x -nimage 10 -npool 4 < ph.in > ph.out").  Can you verify that?

--William