[Pw_forum] cp.x output: .pos

xiaochuan Ge ustc.scgyer at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 18:11:35 CEST 2012

The trajectory of the coordinates of atoms is printed out in ${prefix}.pos
file. Before the structrue of this file is:\

step number and time of the snapshot 1
coordinates of all the atoms
step number and time of the snapshot 2
coordinates of all the atoms

That is, different snapshots are separated by an extra line which indicates
the step number and the time of this snapshot. But with the newest version
that I compiled on cineca-plx, this extra line disappears. Now all the
snapshots are mixed together, which is quite inconvenient for me to check
some information. I checked the src
of the printout_base.f90, it seems that nothing has been changed for this
file. Is there anyone knows what happened, and how could I make a easy
change to the code in order to recover the previous function?

Thanks in advance.
Ge Xiaochuan(Giovanni)
3rd year PHD Student
Condensed Matter