[Pw_forum] equilibrium lattice constant of magnetite

Abolore Musari abmus007 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 16:24:47 CEST 2012

Dear QE users
Sir, I am try to find the lattice constant of magnetite (Fe3O4) which is a
spinel ferrimagnetic material. The expt lattice constant was 15.87 and I
have been trying to find the equilibrium lattice constant (celldm(1))
between 15.80 - 16.00 and all i get is a straight line graph instead of the
usual exponential curve graph. I have tried all l could most esp with
starting_magnetization but the results are the same. My input is pasted
below pls help me to get the appropriate graph.
The kind of the graph I got is attached.
Thanks

&control
    calculation = 'scf',
    restart_mode ='from_scratch',
    prefix = 'Fe3O4',
    pseudo_dir = '/home/abolore/Programs/Pseudos/',
    outdir = './tmp/'
 /
 &system
    ibrav = 2,