[Pw_forum] Force criteria for relaxation

Guido Fratesi fratesi at mater.unimib.it
Thu Apr 12 17:59:30 CEST 2012

Dear Payam,

"the job ended"... have you reached the maximum number of steps, or some
other event occurred? did the program printed "bfgs converged" or the like?

Then, how many atoms are in your system? The threshold forc_conv_thr is
on the components, not on the total force which will in general be larger.

HTH,
Guido