[Pw_forum] Serial Diagonalization

Paul Jennings PCJ994 at bham.ac.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:06:07 CEST 2012

Dear QE Users,

I am trying to run a relaxation with Davidson diagonalization in serial using QE 4.3.2. I have set the submission script up with the run command utilising "-ndiag 1" as stated in QE Wiki:

  aprun -n $NPROC -N $NTASK pw.x    -npool 1 -ndiag 1 -inp < Ti8_0_2.in > Ti8_0_2.out

However, my calculations are still running with parallel diagonalization:

>From Output
     Subspace diagonalization in iterative solution of the eigenvalue problem:
     parallel, distributed-memory algorithm (size of sub-group:  6*  6 procs)

I have also attached the input file. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,
Paul Jennings

Paul Jennings

Centre for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Research
PEMFC Research group
School of Chemical Engineering
The University of Birmingham
Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT (U.K.)