[Pw_forum] local density of states on parallel planes

Gabriele Sclauzero gabriele.sclauzero at epfl.ch
Tue Sep 20 12:03:40 CEST 2011

Hello P Shok,

     I think you can extract the LDOS (calculated at the Fermi energy), or the ILDOS, using pp.x and then use the code average.x to make the planar averages.
The ILDOS is integrated in energy (not space), therefore is still a function of the position in the unit cell, as the LDOS calculated at some specific energy.

Please provide your affiliation next time.

HTH

GS

Il giorno 09/set/2011, alle ore 17.37, pari shok ha scritto:

> Dear All,
> Hi.
> I was wondering if QE has a built-in function for calculating local density of states on planes. I need to get the LDOS on different planes parallel to one another.
> I tried to use ILDOS in post processing. However, I am not sure how possibly I can use the code to get LDOS on different parallel planes.
> I appreciate your help.
> P Shok

§ Gabriele Sclauzero, EPFL SB ITP CSEA
   PH H2 462, Station 3, CH-1015 Lausanne