[Pw_forum] PHONON ON GRID

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Mon Sep 12 21:17:13 CEST 2011

In data 12 settembre 2011 alle ore 16:17:24, mayank gupta
<mayankaditya at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> I am try to calculate phonon on GRID. I have run example which is
> given in example directory. But during the execution of run_example it
> stopped with error message " /run_example: 200: Syntax error: Bad fd
> number".

Dear Mayank,
the "phonon on GRID" project from qe-forge is used to run the phonon code
on a very specific hardware infrastracture; it is NOT a system to run ph.x
for a grid of q points.

If what you want to do is actually run ph.x on the GRID hardware, I cannot
help you... if on the other hand you have only want to do a phonon
dispersion calculation please have at the keywords ldisp and nq1, nq2, nq3
in the phonon documentation.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto IdR @ IMPMC/UPMC CNRS & Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 44275 084 / skype: paulatz