[Pw_forum] ODP: Re: Ph.x problem. No results. Wrong irreducible representations number.

"Kacper Drużbicki" kacper.druzbicki at uj.edu.pl
Sun Sep 11 18:00:56 CEST 2011

Dear Prof. Gianozzi,

Thank you for your suggestion. Well, actually I am interested only (or at least) in the IR spectrum. I would like to use USPP so I would like to avoid the gamma trick. I know it's a quite big system, however, I found no problems with the system size when using CASTEP in this purpose. Thus, I thought that QE might also handle it. I have more serious computation resources for QE that for CASTEP. QE solve SCF step for this system in ~20 seconds.

I solve the wrong irreducible representations number by turning off the symmetry. However it didn't solve the whole problem. The ph.x still idles.

With best wishes,
Casper

Kacper Drużbicki,
Faculty of Chemistry,
Department of Chemical Physics,
Jagiellonian University,
Ingardena Street 3, 30-060 Kraków, Poland
phone: +48 12 6632265