[Pw_forum] Running an input file

Emine Kucukbenli kucukben at sissa.it
Thu Oct 20 10:58:10 CEST 2011

Merhaba Gulcin,
Try running the example input files in the examples directory.
You will see that every run_example is nothing but a script that
generates the input files (text) and
invokes the necessary executable (such as pw.x).
you can take a look at run_example, it is not binary.

If you suspect you are missing something in the format of input files,
just edit one of the input files generated by the run_example
to represent your system and calculation.

to understand the keywords used take a look at their descriptions.
The following is the description of input for pw.x executable:

http://www.quantum-espresso.org/input-syntax/INPUT_PW.html

You seem to be at the beginning of things,
if available, local help would let you advance faster than the mailing list.
If you provide your affiliation,
your chances of finding someone in your area/institute is higher,
cheers

emine kucukbenli, phd student, sissa, italy