[Pw_forum] Query on "e-ph interaction coefficients

Stefano Baroni baroni at sissa.it
Mon Nov 28 18:31:47 CET 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 5:34 PM, Ajit Vallabhaneni wrote:

> Dear Paolo,
>
>            I studied little bit of group theory in the context of algebra a while back.

this is probably not quite enough for your purposes

> Can you please suggest any reference in the present context if possible?

Group theory used to be a standard component of any graduate course in solid-state theory, when I was a student (i.e. quite some time ago). Plenty of references on this topic. You may want to start from:

Symmetry in the Solid State, by Knox & Gold
Symmetry principles in solid state and molecular physics, by Lax
Group theory in quantum mechanics, by Heine

or many other titles that you will easily discover by "googling"

HTH - SB

> Thanks
> Ajit

---
Stefano Baroni - SISSA  &  DEMOCRITOS National Simulation Center - Trieste
http://stefano.baroni.me [+39] 040 3787 406 (tel) -528 (fax) / stefanobaroni (skype)

La morale est une logique de l'action comme la logique est une morale de la pensée - Jean Piaget