[Pw_forum] vc-relax for a Magnetic atom

Huiqun Zhou hqzhou at nju.edu.cn
Fri Nov 25 06:55:52 CET 2011

I just can't understand why you need to do vc-relax to an single atom system.
Usually, you need to put the atom in a big enough supercell, do you think
there are any geometric parameters need to be optimized in such a case?

What you need to do is to determine how big the supercell should be.

dr. zhou huiqun
@earth sciences, nanjing university, china