[Pw_forum] Insufficient q-points be calculated by phonon calculation

Lorenzo Paulatto lorenzo.paulatto at impmc.upmc.fr
Wed May 25 21:10:36 CEST 2011

In data 25 maggio 2011 alle ore 21:02:57, Seyed Mojtaba Rezaei Sani
<s.m.rezaeisani at gmail.com> ha scritto:
> In *.dyn0, as a ph.x output file, 16 points have been selected from my
> 6*6*6
> chosen grid. But I get just *.dyn1-9. On the other word calculations are
> done just for  9 q-points. If any more details are needed, please notify
> me.

Dear Seyed,
it could be anything, from you not just finding the files to crash in the
code or a time limit in your computing hardware.

Keep in mind that nobody in this forum knows what is going on in you
computer. You MUST provide at the very least the input and output of your
job, otherwise we can only guess.

As a side note: asking a good question takes a lot of time, often more
times that it takes to give a good answer. If it takes you only 30 seconds
to write your email it is very unlikely to contain any good question.

best regards

--
Lorenzo Paulatto IdR @ IMPMC/UPMC CNRS & Université Paris 6
phone: +33 (0)1 44275 084 / skype: paulatz