[Pw_forum] Nodes Hang bcoz of High IO's

Bipul Rakshit bipulrr at gmail.com
Sat May 21 12:03:28 CEST 2011

Dear PWSCF users,

I am faceing an unusual error while running espresso. I am running
espresso in parallel clusters. And while running espresso for few
days, it make the nodes hang. My system administrator saying that its
bcoz of high IO's generated by espresso.
I do use the options like 'wf_collect'=.false. and disk_io=low etc.
but still the problem occurs.

Some of my cluster information is as follows

The home is on NFS and we r using, intel ifort and mkl libraries and
openmpi. The processors memory is 24 GB and we have 27 nodes. (8
processors/node)

 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5530  @ 2.40GHz

Please tell me if u require more information and also tell me the
possible solution.

--
Bipul Rakshit
Research Associate,