[Pw_forum] Script for MP grid sampling test.

Hongsheng Zhao zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn
Fri May 13 03:17:24 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I want to write a specific script for MP grid sampling test for a
specific system.  Basically, the idea is as follows:

1- Determine a initial MP grid, say: 4 4 4.

2- increase the divisions along each directions according to a step,
say: 1 1 1,

In this way, we will have a series of MP grids: 4 4 4, 5 5 5, ...

Then, compute the total energy for each MP grid and determine the
ultimate MP grid I should used.

My issues are:

1- Does this method make sense?

2- About the initial MP grid and the increasing step, could someone
please give me some hints on the

guidelines to choosing them for a specific system?

Regards.
--
Hongsheng Zhao<zhaohscas at yahoo.com.cn>
School of Physics and Electrical Information Science,