[Pw_forum] Problem with newly implemented LDA -1/2 in atomic code (ld1)

Rajan Pandey rajanpandey at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 18:39:55 CEST 2011

Hi Nicola,

Your comment prompted me to get the reference [ L. G. Ferreira, M. Marques
and L. K. Teles, Phys. Rev. B 78 125116 (2008) ] and try to figure out the
way authors worked out LDA - 1/2 method, in general.
>From what I see quickly in the above paper, that they have done band
structure calculation of several materials using VASP
and SIESTA and obtained the band gaps in excellent agreement with
experiments. So my guess is that they are propagating
the "LDA-1/2" pseudo in the extended system as is.

Hi Layla,

Thanks a lot. I am looking forward to hear from you about the details of
LDA-1/2 in QE-4.3a.

Thanks, and regards,

Rajan

Rajan K. Pandey, Ph.D.

Advisory Research Engineer,
Semiconductor Research & Development Center
India Systems & Technology Engineering Lab
IBM India Pvt. Ltd.
MD3 1F B354
Manyata Embassy  Business Park
Nagawara, Outer Ring Road