[Pw_forum] parallel use of quanum espresso

Ranjit Thapa ranjit.phy at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 13:08:57 CET 2011

dear all,

I am new about quantum espresso. I make a cluster for practice with two CPU
(first one intel i7 processor (i.e 8 core) and other pentium IV processor
(single core)). I run an example
given in MPICH2-1.3.2. The results is well, i.e both the processor process
and give the result.

After that i load Quantum Espresso-4.2.1. It detect mpi parallel enviroment
when i run an example given in the QE examples folder, using the comand
./run_example
 the reults is well but it only excute in 1 processor (but mpi is detected).

I think have to use mpiexec command but, i am not able to find what command
should i give for running the example in my cluster sytem (two different
type of CPU).

please help me

--
Dr. Ranjit Thapa