[Pw_forum] problem in MPI running of QE (16 processors)

Eric Germaneau germaneau at gucas.ac.cn
Sat Mar 5 15:35:39 CET 2011

Duy Le is write, you should take a look to the man of mpiexec.
It is "mpiexec -n" !
Have you tried to run small mpi program first in order to check whether
your machine is well configured?

On 03/04/2011 02:23 PM, Duy Le wrote:
> You can use:
> mpiexec --help
> or
> man mpiexec
> to see how to have correct command
> Duy Le
> PhD Student
> Department of Physics
> University of Central Florida.
>
> "Men don't need hand to do things"
>

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:53 PM, Alexander G. Kvashnin
> <agkvashnin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> I create PBS task on supercomputer MIPT-60 where I write
>>
>> mpiexec ../../espresso-4.2.1/bin/pw.x -in graph.inp>  output.opt
>> all other types of this line such as
>> mpiexec -np 16 ../../espresso-4.2.1/bin/pw.x -in graph.inp>  output.opt
>>
>> doesn't work.
>> Maybe this number of processor too small for parallel calculation to QE?
>>

>> On 4 March 2011 21:37, Eyvaz Isaev<eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com>  wrote:
>>> Dear  Alexander,
>>>
>>> How do you run a job? You should launch a command like (some parameters
>>> are omitted)
>>> mpirun -np 16 -maxtime 30 ./pw.x<  scf.in>scf.out
>>>
>>> The easiest way to be added to the forum list  is subscribing  to this
>>> forum. Please visit
>>> http://www.pwscf.org/contacts.php
>>>
>>> Please also provide your affiliation.
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>   Eyvaz.
>>> Prof. Eyvaz Isaev,
>>> Department of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology (IFM), Linkoping University,
>>> Sweden
>>> Theoretical Physics Department, Moscow State Institute of Steel&  Alloys,
>>> Russia,
>>> isaev at ifm.liu.se, eyvaz_isaev at yahoo.com
>>>
>>> ________________________________

/Be the change you wish to see in the world
/ --- Mahatma Gandhi ---

Dr. Éric Germaneau <mailto:germaneau at gucas.ac.cn>

College of Physical Sciences
Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Yuquan Road 19A
Beijing 100049
China

/Please consider the environment before printing this email.
Considérez svp l'environnement avant d'imprimer cet email. /