[Pw_forum] how to choose ibrav

tian kong thisisasafeaccount at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 15:49:38 CEST 2011

yeah, i think you are right. but what really matters is how to set ibrav in
pwscf.

  ibrav        structure                   celldm(2)-celldm(6)
 <goog_798003211>

    6          Tetragonal P (st)               celldm(3)=c/a
    7          Tetragonal I (bct)              celldm(3)=c/a

simple tetragonal (p)
   v1 = a(1,0,0),  v2 = a(0,1,0),  v3 = a(0,0,c/a)

body centered tetragonal (i)
   v1 = (a/2)(1,-1,c/a),  v2 = (a/2)(1,1,c/a),  v3 = (a/2)(-1,-1,c/a).
it seems that: if ibrav=6, then A=B≠C. if ibrav=7, then A=B=C.
but what i need is A≠B=C. i don't know if i can choose ibrav=6 or 7,
and should i need to change the atoms position after i choose ibrav=6
or 7 ?

*>>>>>>>>【this is an email sent by tiankong】*