[Pw_forum] Installing Quantum espresso on GPU or CPU

Layla Martin-Samos lmartinsamos at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 10:53:20 CEST 2011

Dear Farid,  the GPU implementation for QE is still experimental, while the
combined openmp/mpi is well established. Indeed, there is still non official
release enabling calculations combining CPU-GPU. As long as I know, if your
architecture is a parallel computer with CPU and GPU, you can always install
traditional mpi espresso without using the GPU.

bests

Layla