[Pw_forum] how to get fermi energy for semiconductor in pwscf calculation

GAO Zhe flux_ray12 at 163.com
Fri Jun 10 08:16:11 CEST 2011

You can try to use smearing in scf calculation by adding occupations='smearing' in &system namelist.

At 2011-06-10 13:31:45,"bamidele ibrahim" <bamideleibrahim at yahoo.com> wrote:

dear all,

 I am working on some semiconductor materials, i want to plot there band structure. After running the scf,nscf and band calculations. To plot the band structure, i was asked by the plotband.x to input the value of fermi energy which i don't have. Please, kindly assist me with this problem if anybody have an idea of what to do.