[Pw_forum] Doubt in spin orbit coupling

Padmaja Patnaik padmaja_patnaik at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 9 11:03:41 CEST 2011

I have done spin polarized calculations with transition metal impurity in SiC. I am using scalar relativistic pseudopotentials. Have taken starting magnetization on Si and C as zero and on the transition metal as 0.5. The output of scf, dos and projected dos calculations are with me. Now I want to do spin-orbit coupling calculations for the same sample. The scf calcualtion takes very long time with supercells. Is there any method of doing the spin-orbit calculations on the same sample (SiC with transition metal) by taking these available results?

Regards
Padmaja Patnaik

Research Scholar

Dept of Physics