[Pw_forum] Pressure-induced phase transition

Amin Torabi mtorabi at uwo.ca
Tue Jul 19 03:46:18 CEST 2011

Thanks Eric and Hongsheng for the discussion!

Can I also have your comments on this "common tangent" concept in first
order phase transitions? Is it applicable for my case?

And how can I use phonon calculations to help me find the phase transition?
I've heard about some "mode softening", but I am not sure how it can be used
in this context? Could you refer me to some article explaining the theory
behind this

Thanks again
Amin

Amin Torabi