[Pw_forum] Pressure-induced phase transition

Amin Torabi mtorabi at uwo.ca
Mon Jul 18 03:40:28 CEST 2011

Dear experts!

Forgive me for my naive question... but I am interested in pressure-induced
phase transitions of diborane. Could you please have a look at my input
file, attached to this message.

The following is what I think I should do: (correct me if I'm wrong!)

1. doing separate vc-relax calculation at each pressure
2. comparing the optimized cell_parameters at each pressure to see when the
structure changes

I am wondering how I can use the enthalpy or unit cell volume at each
pressure to make sure that a phase transition has occurred

Thanks in advance

--
Amin Torabi
Ph.D. Student