[Pw_forum] assistance with QHA

Guntram Schmidt guntram.schmidt at chemie.uni-halle.de
Tue Jul 12 20:20:00 CEST 2011

Dear All,

i've two questions concerning the qha-code.
I'd like to calculate and compare the Free Energy (= Gibbs Energy, the
G=H-TS thing ;-) ) of two polymorphs of one molecule at room temperature.
QHA should do this, but I didn't find a documentation, how to use it.
The examples provided are not easy to follow, as I have very little
materials background.

Is there anybody who could provide me a short step-by-step-guide on how
to do it? Looking through the examples is seems to be problematic to
have monoclinic or orthorhombic phases?

Thanks!

Second question is, how to compile this part of QE without having ifort?
I tried to symlink ifort to our mpifort - without success.
After the first compilations, I get

"
The NOSTRICT option (default at OPT(3)) has the potential to alter the
semantics of a program.  Please refer to documentation on the
STRICT/NOSTRICT option for more information.
"

warnings and then

"
"Debye.f90", line 18.0: 1515-005 (S) Continuation line is not permitted
at beginning of program or after INCLUDE, EJECT, @PROCESS statements or
comment directive.  Line is ignored.
"
and so on...