[Pw_forum] What's wrong in my calculation of epsilon of fcc Au?

Tao Sun tsun at grad.physics.sunysb.edu
Mon Jul 11 16:54:43 CEST 2011

Hi Gui-Bin,

Here is reference calculation of the dielectric functions of Au
online, http://www.mri.psu.edu/conferences/WIEN/ProgramFiles/2009-06-WIEN2k-Optics-Sofo.pdf.

The reported jdos differ completely from all of your jdos, while the
final dielectric functions seem to be similar to yours. Maybe it is
due to a different definition?

Best wishes.

Tao

Postdoc,  CEMS. UMN.