[Pw_forum] "relax" vs. "vc-relax" calculation

Masoud Nahali masoudnahali at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 08:47:52 CEST 2011

Dear Tram

To specify how metallicity is treated you should use "smearing" and have to
determine degauss value (smearing width). These options not only use for
metallic systems but also for spin-polarized systems. If the mean of
Alessandra is performing a spin polarized calculation he should set nspin=2
and set a starting_magnetization otherwise his case is a metallic one !! . I
think you should plot E VS. degauss to find the convergence value of
degauss. About "Omega" (slide 11) I don't exactly know his mean. I hope it
is helpful.

Best Wishes

 Masoud

Masoud Nahali, Sharif University of Technology
masoud.nahali at gmail.com;
alum.sharif.edu/~m_nahali<http://alum.sharif.edu/%7Em_nahali>

P Save a Tree . . . Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.