[Pw_forum] problem with symmetry recognition

Stefano de Gironcoli degironc at sissa.it
Sun Jul 10 23:20:08 CEST 2011

If the symmetry is recognized vc-relax should keep it
if it is not there vc-relax cannot produce it unless the minimum the
system converges to has that symmetry.
there  are codes (I recently discovered GULP) that can accept input
structure defined by the positions of the irreducible atoms + space
group definition...
pw.x does not have this capabiloity but if you generate the full list of
coordinates with one of such codes then pw.x should be able to recognize
the symmetry and keep it during relaxation.

stefano
-
Stefano de Gironcoli - SISSA and DEMOCRITOS