[Pw_forum] problem with symmetry recognition

pascal boulet pascal.boulet at univ-provence.fr
Sat Jul 9 18:13:35 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am struggling to make QE recognize the symmetry of a solid compound.
The group number is 116, it is a tetragonal primitive structure with 9
atoms in the primitive unit cell.

In the input file I give the reduced coordinates I obtained from the
Pearson database. I tried the following structure descriptions:

alat  = 1.,  ibrav = 0
CELL_PARAMETERS cubic
10.461 0. 0.
0. 10.461 0.
0. 0. 33.172

then:
celldm(1)=10.461, celldm(3)=3.171, ibrav=6

No way!

The idea is to optimize the cell parameters, so I would like QE to
retain the crystal symmetry.

Does anybody have an idea what could be wrong?

Thank you
Pascal

    * Anglais - détecté
    * Anglais