[Pw_forum] dE0s is positive which should never happen

Guntram Schmidt guntram.schmidt at chemie.uni-halle.de
Sat Jul 9 10:50:11 CEST 2011

Thanks for the reply!

2011/7/8 Paolo Giannozzi <giannozz at democritos.it>:

 > > that's a lot: are you really interested in such a high accuracy?

I lateron want to compare the total energy of two polymorphs - energy
didn't converge until 200! I take 1 mRy energy difference per Ry cutoff
difference as criterium - is this too accurate?

 > > for simple scf or optimization calculations, it is convenient to use
 > > K_POINTS Gamma

 > > not enough memory

Is there a way to preestimate the needed memory per job? I couldn't
find any hint on this.
If it would be just this simple memory problem, I would be happy!