[Pw_forum] Inability of PWgui version 4.3 to open an example input file

?nkaya Ugur Yigit e110658 at metu.edu.tr
Fri Jul 8 16:03:04 CEST 2011

Dear users,

Although PWgui version 4.3, which I have installed in my Ubuntu 11.04
machine, could browse the example input file al.band.cg.in contained
in ../espresso-4.3.1/examples/example01/results, it was not able to
open the file. The paths for QE version 4.3.1 and pwgui executable is
the following, where inkaya is both the root name and my user name:

/home/inkaya/espresso-4.3.1

/home/inkaya/espresso-4.3.1/PWgui-4.3/pwgui

Also a log file for the error has been attached. The problem might be
elementary but I am not an experienced Ubuntu user, so any answer
could be important for me to save time. In addition to this problem,
README of PWgui-4.3 does not contain sufficient information to operate
QE via PWgui. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ugur Yigit Inkaya
PhD student