[Pw_forum] 60 atom Grain boundary...

Elie Moujaes elie.moujaes at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 16:58:07 CET 2011

Dear all,

I am trying to get the band structure and the DOS of a Grain boundary system of 60 atoms.

(1) The band structure seems ok but when I am trying to set the Fermi energy to be the reference (i.e at 0) where two bands cross, it is not working i.e. I am still getting that the two bands still cross at a negative value (my Fermi energy is -0.098eV). Why is this happening?

(2) The DOS of the system is not zero at zero energy (maybe this is a consequence of 1) and it is a bit wiggly as well (see graph attached)

Thanks in advance

Regards

Elie Moujaes
University of Nottingham