[Pw_forum] Ferromagnetic Insulator is the Ground State

S. K. S. sks.jnc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 12:09:21 CET 2011

>   Dear Prof. Andrea Dal Corso,
>
>   Thanks a lot for your helpful reply.
>
>   I have further question, what one should do if the ground state is
>   Ferromagnetic  (FM) INSULATOR ? Is there any way ?

If the AFM state can be stabilized by symmetry, starting with opposite
starting magnetizations, then the phonon code should work. If you need a
constraint to stabilize the AFM ground state, then presently you cannot
do a phonon calculation.

HTH,

Dear Professor,

Thanks a lot for your kind reply. I am still a bit confused.
Is this your above reply implying that even if I get ferromagnetic
insulator as ground-state, then also I need to follow the above method
(which is
for ANTI-FERROMAGNETIC insulator) to estimate the Born-effective charges ?

Thanking you and with my best regards,
Saha SK
JNCASR
Bangalore 560012