[Pw_forum] Mean Square Displacement (MSD) of atoms

Changru Ma crma at sissa.it
Mon Jan 17 23:15:51 CET 2011

Dear Bertrand,

Positions of each ions during the dynamics will be written in $outdir/prefix.pos every iprint steps. They are sorted by specie, and converted to real a.u. coordinates.

You have to write a code yourself to calculate the MSD. Understanding molecular simulation: from algorithms to applications by Daan Frenkel and Berend Smit page 91 and page 95 might be helpful.

Best wishes,
Changru

On 17 Jan, 2011, at 18:06, Bertrand SITAMTZE wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have performed ab-initio Molecular Dynamics within the CP code and I would like to collect the MSD of each ions during the dynamics.
>
> Please could somebody tell me how to proceed from QE output?
>
> Thanks very much for your answers

---
Changru Ma
SISSA & Theory at Elettra group