[Pw_forum] missing imaginary frequencies

Andrea Salguero ls538 at cornell.edu
Mon Jan 17 20:02:52 CET 2011

Dear Eyvaz,
thank you for your reply, the problem is not in the phonon dispersion
but in the calculation of the frequency at Z point, other calculations
show there is an instability at that point, which is observed in the
phonon dispersion I have obtained with PWscf code as well. However, I
don't get imaginary frequencies when calculating the frequencies only at
that point.
Best Regards,
Andrea