[Pw_forum] limit on atom count to compute total energy

Michael Sullivan Michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Jan 14 06:25:38 CET 2011

Sakthi:

I think you will need a VERY GOOD supercomputer to do this. 300 atoms is quite a challenge so I can't image trying 3000 atoms.

If you really need to study a system with this size, it seems like a forcefield molecular dynamics approach would be the best.

Mike Sullivan
Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore
michael at ihpc.a-star.edu.sg
http://www.sullivan.sg/