[Pw_forum] (no subject)

priyanka goud priyankagoud8 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 12:38:26 CET 2011

Thanku Mr.Gabriele

Actually I was trying to generate K-point path.

The earlier reply of yours for my question
"I would like to generate the list of k-points by using utility program
X.KPATH in PWTOOLS"
is

"I always use "xcrysden" to generate high symmetry k-point and then
use this "bk.exe" (I have upload file)to generate all k-point which is
along high symmetry.I never use pwtool,butI guess it may be the
"kpoint.x".

So I installed xcrysden in Linux version but cannot in windows version
(for which Cygwin environment is needed).
There I was doubt whether I can generate the k-point path in Linux
version of xcrysden  or not.

>From your reply
'Iam using xcrysden both on Linux and on Mac and that feature works for me.

I understood that one can generate k-pont path in linux version of xcrysden too.
I will see to that once again.

Thanku once again for your reply.

Priyanka
Ph.D student